“Personal data” refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as a name, identification number, location data, online username, or one or more elements specific to their physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity.
“DPA” refers to the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act.
“We,” “FELCO Motion” or “Data controller” refers to: FELCO Motion SA, Rue de la Rinche 3, CH-2206 Les Geneveys-sur-Coffrane. FELCO Motion is the data controller for the Websites.
“Data subject” or “you” refers to a natural person who may be directly or indirectly identified, and whose personal data is processed when using the Websites.
“GDPR” refers to Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (general data protection regulation).
“Websites” refers to websites and domain names operated and owned by FELCO. “Third-Party Websites” refers to any website that is not operated or owned by FELCO.
”Processing” refers to any operation or set of operations carried out on personal data or on personal data sets, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, limitation, erasure or destruction.
3. Type of data collected, purpose of processing and legal basis
You are not required to provide information when you visit and browse our Websites.
We collect certain personal data that you voluntarily provide to us, for example when you communicate with us by email or other means of communication, when you subscribe to our Newsletters or when you request other information from us. The personal data we process may include company name, surname, first name, postal address, email address, telephone number and language preference, as well as country of origin.
In addition, when you browse our website, text files may be downloaded to your devices to collect certain information, such as IP addresses. With regard to the data collected by cookies, see section IX below.
The collection and processing of your personal data during your visit to the website are based on our legitimate interest linked to the conduct of our business, for example to monitor and improve the quality of the Websites and your browsing experience on our Websites, to protect and defend our rights, property or safety or those of our clients and other users of the Websites (Article 6.1.f GDPR and 12, 13 DPA).
The processing of your data during your registration for our Newsletters or at the time of your requests for information is based on your consent (Article 6.1.a GDPR and 12, 13 DPA).
Any communication with a view to or in the context of a contractual relationship is based on the preparation or performance of a contract (Article 6.1.a GDPR and 12, 13 DPA), and depending on the circumstances, our legitimate interests or our legal obligations.
FELCO is mainly active in business-to-business trade and does not communicate directly with end consumers, with the exception of the activity of our subsidiaries in the United States and Canada. The Websites operated by FELCO are not intended for children under 16 years of age.
4. Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to information: upon request, we will inform you about the type of personal data collected, its origin, the reason and the status of its processing.
- Right of access: upon request, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data held by FELCO.
- Right of rectification/erasure: upon request, we will rectify or erase your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete. We encourage you to update the personal data you have voluntarily provided to us, for example to receive the Newsletters.
- Right to object to processing: upon request and subject to conditions and limitations determined by the applicable law, we will restrict/limit the processing of your personal data or erase your data. You may object to receiving marketing communications at any time.
- Right to data portability: upon request and subject to the law applicable in your country of origin, we shall provide you with the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right of withdrawal: you have the right to withdraw any consent you have granted for the processing of your personal data, at any time. Any processing operations carried out before your withdrawal of consent remain lawful.
- Right to file a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority: you have the right to contact the supervisory authority in your place of residence.
We encourage you to contact us with any questions or requests regarding the aforementioned rights via the following address: email@example.com. We will contact you as soon as possible.
5. Transmission to third-party providers
data. These third-party service providers mainly help us with the maintenance and support of our computer systems or the circulation of our Newsletter.
6. 1. Transmission outside Switzerland and the EEA
The entity responsible for the management and use of the Websites and the personal data collected from them is FELCO Motion in Switzerland. The Websites operated by FELCO Motion are hosted on servers located in Switzerland.
FELCO Motion may also disclose and/or transfer your personal data if required by the applicable law or in order to comply with legal proceedings, a court decision or any other legal obligation or investigation conducted by a public or judicial authority, or to protect and defend its rights, the property or security of FELCO Motion and its Websites, or to protect and defend the rights, property or security of its clients and users.
7. Retention period
FELCO Motion shall only retain personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in section III above “Type of data collected, purpose of processing and legal basis”.
- The data collected when subscribing to newsletters is retained until you unsubscribe.
- The data transmitted by email or post shall be retained according to the type of request.
- If you contact us with a view to or in the context of a contractual relationship, the retention periods will be determined by the statutory limitation periods, which may be up to 10 years from the end of the contractual relationship.
We may need to retain data for long periods of time in order to allow us to recognise, exercise or defend our rights in court or for archiving or historical purposes. Where possible and feasible, personal data shall be made anonymous by removing information that allows persons to be identified.
8. Data security
When using our Websites, data, including personal data, is transmitted in an encrypted format, using SSL. Where appropriate, we use encryption, anonymisation and pseudonymisation. We monitor our systems to detect potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
The felco.com website uses temporary and permanent cookies to collect various information related to your use of the site. Cookies are text files that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. These cookies perform different functions and allow your user experience to be optimised when you visit the Websites operated by FELCO Motion, and to guarantee the security of the Website and its users. Essential cookies allow you to navigate seamlessly around our Websites. Performance cookies, such as those used by Google Analytics, keep track of the pages you visit. Functional cookies are used to remember your language or region choices.
Therefore, during your use and browsing of the Websites, certain information may be collected, namely your IP address, the name of your computer, information from your browser and the domain reference name of the reference site you are visiting. However, this data does not include anything that could identify you personally. They can be used to analyse and improve our website.
Some cookies are placed by third parties such as Google, YouTube, Instagram or Pinterest. In addition, the social networks we use, namely Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube, may install cookies through these networks’ sharing buttons on our Websites. We have no control over these third-party cookies and you should consult the respective websites of these social networks if you wish to obtain further information on their use.
To subscribe to our newsletter, we will ask you for personal data (e. g. your email address).
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each Newsletter.
The Websites may contain links to websites that are not operated by FELCO Motion (“Third-Party Websites”). FELCO Motion is not responsible for their content or their personal data protection policies. By using these links, you leave the Websites operated by FELCO Motion and this Policy does not apply to them. Any use of these Third-Party Websites is at your own risk.
12. Responsible bodies and contact
The data controller is FELCO Motion SA, located at Rue de la Rinche 3, CH-2206 Les Geneveys-sur-Coffrane.
You may contact us at any time at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Amendments and original version
In the event of any discrepancies in interpretation between the French version and another version in a foreign language, only the French version shall prevail.